Retreat/Event Leaders' Information Pack
Kiln Room (22m2) – Forest View
En-suite turret bathroom, double or twin bed. French window onto south facing terrace.
Mezzanine Room (22m2) – Forest View.
En-suite turret bathroom, double or twin bed, mezzanine level with further one or two single beds, or double bed. French window onto south-facing terrace.
Well Room (22m2) – Forest View.
En-suite turret bathroom, double or twin bed, French window onto south-facing terrace.
Garden Room (22m2) – Ocean View
En-suite turret bathroom, double or twin bed, French window onto west-facing terrace with shaded seated area. On account of its view, this is the nicest of the four rooms along the south side of the house. This is the one for your most valued guest.
The North Wing (32m2) – Ocean View.
En-suite bathroom, double, twin or triple bed with ‘charpoy‘ sofa that can be used as a fourth bed. French windows onto west-facing terrace.
This room is the largest bedroom and is a little separated from the rest of the house, making it an ideal room for retreat leaders and their staff.
The Tower Library (9m2) – Ocean, Forest, Village & Galactic Views
Double or twin bed, bathroom downstairs. Lack of bathroom more than made up for by fabulous 360 degree view; this is our most simple room, but also the most cosy and romantic. There is a compost loo for night-time emergency.
Being the only upstairs room, this room is quite private and is therefore also suitable as a staff room.
66m² (6 x 11m), heated, recycled beech wood floor, 15 x yoga mats & blocks, 15 x cushions & blankets, Bluetooth speaker with wireless microphone, Tibetan singing bowl, rain-sticks, guitar.
With fruit, seeds, nuts and vegetables all sourced from local farmers’ markets; fish directly from the beach and free range eggs our tables are always a rich mosaic of colours and flavours. There is also a Carrefour supermarket in Essaouira for any specialist items you may require.
The nearest shops are in Essaouira, 30 minutes away.
Fully equipped kitchen, large larder, fridge-freezer, gas cooker with 5 rings, fan-assisted oven, and grill. BBQ available. Our staff is also available to assist for €30 per day per staff member.
Our own wonderful cook, Amin is adept at serving up nourishing and medicinal dishes cooked and prepared from seasonal, farmer- sourced, slow food.
Amin is a trained chef with extensive experience of cooking for high end establishments throughout Morocco. His attention to detail is superb, his food a smorgasbord of colour and flavour. He says that he loves most of all to cook Asiatic food but seems to be completely engrossed in his work whatever he is concocting.
B/fast: juices, coffee, tea, self-service muesli with fruit, honey, nuts, seeds, etc., yoghurt, home-made gluten-free or normal bread, eggs to order.
Lunch & Dinner: Whatever you want. Contact us to discuss special diets, menu ideas and ingredients.
NB: Please note that as part of our Slow Food and No Plastics commitment, wherever possible, we prepare food only from ingredients sourced from the markets and small shops in and around Essaouira. We will not provide specialist overseas-derived and packaged ingredients or drinks. Thank you for your understanding.
Nadine Rosner is an Essaouira-based chef specialising in vegetarian menus with a ‘wild garden’ theme. Her delicious dishes and smoothies are a celebration of colour and texture. A qualified yoga teacher herself, Nadine’s cooking is especially appreciated by ‘wellness’ guests seeking a thorough but pain-free detox.
Other chefs may be available if Nadine is not.
10% of your money goes directly to the Fertile Roots Foundation and thus to the Local Community.
House only (no catering, no temple):
- €450 per night Low Season / €590 per night High Season)
- 10% Off: 7+ nights
- 15% Off: 14+ nights
House & Temple Only (No Catering):
- €550 per night Low Season / €690 per night High Season)
- 10% Off: 7+ nights
- 15% Off: 14+ nights
High Season: 25 Mar – 15 Apr / 01 Jul – 30 Aug / 15 Dec – 10 Jan
Full Catering (House Chef): €35 per person per day.
Full Catering (Holistic chef): €45-50 per person per day
Use of Kitchen with your chef: €90 per day
- House Manager – Coordination of local logistics with retreat leader (transfers, local suppliers, excursions, therapies, etc..).
- Huge and largely deserted beach 8mins walk away
- Forested ‘secret’ valley (5mins walk)
- Plunge pool (unheated)
- Free parking
- Beach & bath towels
- Daily cleaning of common areas, pool, Temple/shala, bedrooms & bathrooms.
- Temple space/shala
- Yoga equipment x15 (mats, blocks, cushions, bolsters, eye masks, Tibetan singing bowl)
- Wi-fi internet
- Bed linen
- Toilet paper
- Bathroom soap and shower gel
- Bed linen & bath towel change on day 7 (longer stays)
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Fire pit
- Filtered drinking water.
What’s Not Included
- Transfers & other transport
- Guests’ personal laundry (€5 per bag)
- Firewood & charcoal
- Extra activities, therapies, excursions, etc.. (see below)
1st Payment: upon booking – €200 to reserve your dates – Non-Refundable.
2nd Payment: before 6-weeks prior to start of retreat: 50% minus €200
3rd Payment: Remaining 50% upon arrival.
Before 6 weeks from retreat start: €200
After 6 weeks from start of retreat: 50%
How To Pay
Payment can be made by either Paypal or Bank Transfer.
Please contact us to discuss possible dates for your retreat, workshop or event.
The prices shown below are GUIDE PRICES and may be subject to change.
- A selection of Guided Walks & Experiences with Mark or Ayelen @ €50 per hour:
- Exploration of beach headland and caves (low-tide only): 2-3 hours
- Forest Walks: 1-4 hours.
- Tai Chi Conscious Walk: 2-3 hours
- Wild & Free in the Dunes of Tissa: 2-3 hours + Transport @ €20 per 4 people
- Conscious Night Walk: 1-2 hours
- Healing Sound Bath in the Dunes: 3 hours + Transport @ €20 per 4 people (Dependant upon wind.)
- Sunset dinner in the Dunes: 2-3 hours – Price on request.
- One night, forest bivouac under the stars:
- 4 hours walk total
- Supper cooked over an open fire, breakfast of special porridge, and ‘billy-can’ coffee.
- Fall asleep in a cosy swag-bag, around the fire, looking at the stars in the flickering firelight.
- Traditional bread-making with local women: €60 / 1-2 hours – Money goes directly to local community.
- Camel Rides on the Beach: €40 per hour per camel/€80 for 3 hours + Transport 6-seats €50 / 8+ seats €90)
- Horse Riding on the Beach: €40 per hour per camel/€80 for 3 hours (Transport 6-seats €50 / 8-seats + €90)
- Surfing in Essaouira: Board rental €5/hr; lessons €15/hr + (Transport 6-seats €50 / 8+ seats €90)
- Hammam: €25 per person for 3hr steam scrub and massage. (Transport 6-seats €50 / 8+ seats €90)
- Al Had’raa Farmers’ Market (Sundays only) – a super colourful and traditional market…the real Morocco. (Transport 6-seats €40 / 8+ seats €90)
- Explore Essaouira – the walled Medina is a delight; an ancient, pedestrian-only labyrinth of colourful narrow streets full of shops and restaurants and artisanal workshops. Eat freshly grilled fish straight off the boats in the harbour and watch the crashing waves from the battlements. (Transport: 6-seats €50 / 8+ seats €90)
Mark: Ph: 00212 (0) 623385358 Whatsapp +34 687123216
Ayelen: Ph: 00212 (0) 680454790 Whatsapp: +34 630225174